Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ulm












A month ago we went to Ulm which has the highest tower steeple in the world. It was pretty high. We choose not to go up the insane amount of steps for the view since it was raining and we wouldn't be able to see anything once we got there. We plan to go back on a clear day since you can see all the way to Switzerland.I had Ben's camera and not mine so the inside pictures for the most part didn't turn out to well. Aurora loved it she kept looking up and pointing things out. At the foot of the church in the Marktplatz was the Ulm Weinachtsmarkt(Christmas market) it was cute and we had a good time shopping and eating local food. No that's not Gluewine(German spiced wine) its Weinachts Kinder Punch( Christmas Childrens Punch) which was gross and made of a bunch of different herbal teas with spices. Aurora of course had a good time since there were rides and Lebkucken dipped in chocolate( unsweetened Gingerbread,ugh)she picked a reindeer to eat.

*If you look closely that is Ben without whiskers. I asked him to shave over Thanksgiving and he did. It had basically been three years since he was clean shaven. After wards we all unanimously agreed we like the beard so its back.Aurora didn't recognize him at first it was pretty funny.

2 comments:

Shelly Turpin said...

sounds like a fun trip :)

debra said...

I noticed the non-beard look. I think I like him with a beard also. One of the things I miss about Europe is the fantastic architecture.