So people keep asking how I like it here am I adjusting and all that jazz. Well... I don't know. I like it but I feel so alone sometimes.I'm so far from all my friends and family and I don't make friends easily and the time difference sucks. I don't speak the language though I do try. The customs and way of thinking are different and odd to me. I miss being able to go the store and not feeling like a complete idiot.Heck, I miss going to a normal store.As you can tell I'm home sick, really really homesick. I think the Holidays have been the topper on the cake for me.I missed my sister getting engaged. I hate that. Ben's brother got engaged over Christmas as well to a very sweet woman. I hate that we are so very far away and I cant help my sister pick out a dress or even meet my new brother in law. I am super excited about the new additions though. Why didn't I realize how hard this would be?! My Mom tried to tell me again and again but oh the wisdom did not sink in.So since you all honestly wanted to know, thats honestly how I feel.
BUT I love the snow, I loved all the amazing fireworks last night that we got to watch from our third floor balcony. The people are friendly most of the time and do try to help. We have a great landlord who is super helpful.I love the kase brotchen mit speck( Cheese bread with bacon) a little too much. It's been fun to live so close to nature.At church I'm surrounded by women who are exactly in the same place of life as I am or have been. Which has never happened before.They actually understand what I am going through and have been through and its normal to them.We just got a renter for our house in Houston which is fantastic. We had about 2 dozen people who have wanted it but good credit and income are important to me imagine that?!
We cant move back to the states for at least two years.I keep telling myself that as a reminder to make this home. I'm hoping it starts to feel that way soon.
2 comments:
Asia,
You know, Wisconsin had a lot of snow...
-Bob
Hang in there. You will find that wherever Ben and the kids are is home. The other place is wonderful and there are great people but the most important are right beside you. It will happen and while you'll always miss "home" it will be a different place that your home. Love ya.
Post a Comment