Sunday, January 24, 2010
A daydream
Do you ever feel like your life isn't real that its just a very boring and sometimes tedious day dream?That as you walk around going about your life you feel as if any time now you will wake up and none of it will have happened? I do for good and bad. Not always but sometimes this just doesn't feel real. I am LDS and as such I believe that there was a before and an after to living my life on this earth. So when I feel this way it makes me think if some how some small part of me is trying to remember before or hurry up so I can attain the after. Its an odd feeling. I love my life, my husband, my children, my family, my freedom but this feeling makes me long for more something... well more. Not materialistically but I suppose emotionally. I firmly believe that every person has a purpose, a plan for their existence on this earth and that no one else can ever fulfill those duties as well as the person that is meant to. No one can be replaced.So while some times I feel like I am plodding along in life aimlessly I think what if I missed something? What if I am supposed to do something more be something more and if I did and am then how do I fix it? Why do I let the fear inside me constantly hinder me from being who I want to be?I would be horrified if at judgement I am responsible for not doing something that no one else could do but me and I let fear get in the way.So I have decided I am not going to let myself be afraid or feel like I am a passenger in my life. I am the driver and I will strive to make every day worth while. So hopefully tomorrow as I wake up and do a million loads of laundry, fix 3 meals and way too many snacks, and clean up the same mess at least ten times I can remember that I will not have that day back and that yes life can be tedious but I need to look for the miraculous to find it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We were riding to Dallas with the Wolfs years ago, going to the Temple. I was lamenting the fact that because I was RS President, had 5 teenage/pre teenage children and ran a business that I didn't have time to do family history. He looked me in the eye and said we all have our seasons. While I had heard it before it made more sense that it had in the past.
One thing though - it you are supposed to do something He will let you know but you have to listen. So, keep up the prayers and scripture study and be in the frame of mind that He can get in.
Post a Comment