Thursday, January 21, 2010

Femaleness Post -just a warning

So the last couple months I have been struggling with my self esteem mainly because of a stupid little piece of plastic called the Mirena IUD. I had it put in August and suffered anxiety, hair loss, mood swings, acne( never had acne before), rashes, and weight gain among other unmentionable side effects. I gained 15 POUNDS in three months without changing anything. That is just wrong!So Ben and I decided unanimously to have it taken out and I got it removed three days before Christmas. Wahoo! I feel oh so much more like myself than I did. Ugh, how can something so tiny completely make my body and mind go crazy? I have now lost about 7 pounds I think(too afraid to get on the scale) and now I get to lose the other 7 along with the twenty five pounds I originally wanted to lose after I had Gideon. Man some times it really sucks being a woman.I have decided men don't have an excuse for being fat. They don't have babies or have to deal with birth control issues. It also doesn't help that my stupid washer/dryer has shrunk all my clothes. Ben and the kids as well, so it's not just in my head.So dont get the Mirena IUD for one and the other does anyone have an exercise routine that I can actually stick to?I am still anxiously awaiting my rowing machine since it takes forever for things to be shipped here.Ben ordered it for my Christmas present a month ago. I can't run since I have bad ankles and knees and I have to be able to do it at home since there isn't a gym with child care here. My sister Kathie is getting married in June. I would like to be less voluptuous than I am now for her wedding so... ideas anyone?

1 comment:

Donna Leavitt said...

I am in the same boat, Asia. But I want to loose 50 lbs. by her wedding. So I offer the same question. I do like yoga and have a couple videos I enjoy. (My favorite is called Yoga for Dummies.) It's just not a habit, yet. I have heard of a video called Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred that is supposed to be really great, but pretty intense. Just a couple of suggestions.