Monday, June 8, 2009

40 Years!

So, I totally forgot but yesterday was my parents 40th wedding Anniversary! FORTY YEARS! WOW! So to me that is an amazing accomplishment. They got married at the ages of 18 and 19. No they weren't LDS yet. Two weeks after my Mom turned 18 and I think a week after she graduated from High School. My oldest sibling Shelly came along 4 years later and my Moms story of how when she went into the hospital to register and they found out she was married still makes me laugh. We all look really young for our ages thank to her and some darn good genes.It astounds me at how big that number is, forty. We are working on five years and I will be so excited to celebrate it, so I cant imagine 35 years from now. Congratulations Mama and Daddy you inspire all of us, that's a lot of burnt orange to put up with( 75% of my Dad's wardrobe is burnt orange with a longhorns logo the other 25% is not only because he works in public)!

No comments: