I have been told I am not blogging enough and I do apologize but I have two very time consuming children and one time consuming husband. But how are we doing, generally we are doing really well.
My complaints: I hate living in a hotel and am frustrated that I have gained a little weight, but what did I expect. Its hard to eat healthy when all you have is a microwave.So I feel gross and am trying to make as healthy of choices as possible.I'm sick of German food and would really like a kitchen to cook in. My back is killing me as the bed feels like I'm sleeping on a cement block.I hate the fact that I'm not fluent. Aurora has decided to be an anorexic and thinks food is the enemy unless it is french fries,fruit snacks, raspberries, chocolate or a bread product. She has only gained 2 pounds in the last year! So I am just trying to get her to eat anything who cares if its healthy or not she needs the calories. That's what the doctor told me to do so I'm trying. She is also trying to test us. Fit throwing should be an olympic sport and I really think Aurora would win. I know its the transition but some days its a VERY good thing she is so cute! I'm afraid to explore since I feel like I'm going to get so lost I will never be able to figure out how to get back and I don't have a cell phone.I really miss my cat. I hate that there is a 7-9 hour time difference and it makes it hard to call.Whining over...
The good and fabulous: I'm remembering the positive part of being connected to the military and the feeling that your a part of a greater good and the sense of extended family.We have the commissary, PX and so many other benefits. Ben got a promotion to a new position already-yay Ben! We have already done fun things like going to to the Volkfest this past weekend(they have fruit stands where you pick your fruit and they dip it in chocolate-heaven!). We are finally able to be together as a family.Aurora is beyond thrilled to see her Daddy everyday when he gets back from work. It is simply beautiful here and all the leaves are changing colors. WE MOVE IN THREE WEEKS FROM FRIDAY! I get to decorate the new house and know we will live in it for at least three years(I'm excited to not move again for a good long while). I have the cutest little boy ever(you know its true), who thinks I'm amazing(he told me so), and is all smiles and laughter. He has the cutest laugh and its so easy to make him laugh. He is getting to be so fun! Ben swears that he says Asia and honestly it does sound like it but I'm going for the belief that hes just cooing. One child calling me Asia is enough, though she calls me Mama or Mommy now finally.
Basically, the good out weighs the bad and it will be oh so much better when we are moved in and settled into a regular routine. I'm excited for the holidays and all the fun things ahead. I cant wait to see Aurora's reaction to everything since she will actually be aware of everything this year. We are going to a Halloween party on the 30th and then trick or treating on base on Halloween.Aurora is currently obsessed with animals and got to ride her first horse at the fair which she LOVED! Riding lessons are in our future. She knows a lot of the sounds and corresponding names for animals now. My favorite though is cows say BOO! not Moo but Boo. She has a hard time saying M's. It's just so funny to hear though. She also loves to roar. Which is appropriate since in German our last name means lion. So we are the Lions. Since were all a bit talkative and loud I think it fits us!
1 comment:
May the next 3 weeks fly by!
Post a Comment