Monday, October 19, 2009

Gid





So this cute little bundle of love is finally getting big! Yay, Gideon! Why I'm excited is because for the first two and a half months all Gideon did was vomit. Lovely, huh but it kept him from keeping down the small amount of food he ate. You see he has a really weak suck reflex plus gerd.So he wasnt growing or gaining weight the way he was supposed to. So I finally found bottles that work for him right before we left and he is on special(stinky)formula that we have to special order. BUT.... since we switched six weeks ago he had grown THREE inches and gained I'm guessing at least four pounds! When I get my scale I'll be able to accurately tell how much he has gained. But I'm so proud of my little guy, and he is so much happier now too.So to put it into perspective at two months he was in the 25% for height and 40% for weight.Six weeks after we are in the 75% for height! It is such a relief to know his little body is doing what it should now. I kinda hope the rapid growth slows down a bit though.He'll be bigger than Aurora in no time since I'm guessing that currently there is about a 6 pound difference between the two of them.

1 comment:

Donna Leavitt said...

I can see rolls in one of those pictures. Keep up the good work, Gideon. Mom, good job figuring out ways to help him get the food he needs down! I hear Aroura is now eating better, too. Yippee! Nothing like healthy children to make a mama happy.