Aurora has decided she wants to feed herself. It's a horrible thing if I try. Which basically meant anything that needed a spoon other than yogurt or oatmeal (which she loves) hasn't happened for months so I figured she was ready for a spoon. Which would be great as I am tired of fixing things that can easily be eaten with your hands.Okay, I don't know, so when are they supposed to be able to do this without getting it all over themselves and get more than a tenth of it in their mouths? This is not a great example of how messy she gets, she was really hungry and let me help this morning. But as you can see I strip the kid down to a diaper first or I just have to change her later. It doesn't matter how big the bib is she always manages to get the food under it.Suggestions? She is getting better at it but I hate the mess so I hate all the practicing. Who knew it was so hard to learn to eat with utensils? Yes, she is very much a lefty like her Daddy and her many Uncles on both sides.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Spoons
Aurora has decided she wants to feed herself. It's a horrible thing if I try. Which basically meant anything that needed a spoon other than yogurt or oatmeal (which she loves) hasn't happened for months so I figured she was ready for a spoon. Which would be great as I am tired of fixing things that can easily be eaten with your hands.Okay, I don't know, so when are they supposed to be able to do this without getting it all over themselves and get more than a tenth of it in their mouths? This is not a great example of how messy she gets, she was really hungry and let me help this morning. But as you can see I strip the kid down to a diaper first or I just have to change her later. It doesn't matter how big the bib is she always manages to get the food under it.Suggestions? She is getting better at it but I hate the mess so I hate all the practicing. Who knew it was so hard to learn to eat with utensils? Yes, she is very much a lefty like her Daddy and her many Uncles on both sides.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
My friend saw a picture of Aurora on a earlier post and said - wow she is a little Asia and Kathie - she is looking more and more like us ya know!
Kathie, I agree I think she is just a good mix. Ben looked at her on webcam the other day and told me she was starting to look like Lizzy. Which made me laugh as Lizzy is a mini me.
Tal started using a spoon/fork (I love the ones from IKEA) a few months ago- mainly because he saw Ava doing it. All I can say is stock up on the Shout and prepare Aurora to eat a lot of meals naked! If I remember correctly, Ava was well past two before she quit ruining her clothes. But, hey, they won't learn if you don't let them try. Luckily, kids are washable!
Thanks, Erin! It just frustrating feeling like you need to give the kid a bath after every meal!
Post a Comment