I am really just amazed at the destruction from one storm. Crystal Beach is gone. It's just gone. The beach we went to for years and stayed at beach houses was completely destroyed including all the homes. It's incredible to me. Also there was 1 home, yes 1 home left in Gilcrest. You cant even tell there was anything else ever there. WOW. Luckily/blessings all my family was very fortunate.
My parents house in Cypress(suburb of Houston) had two big pine trees that ended up in the neighbors house, poor neighbors I feel bad, but honestly am relieved they didn't go through my parents house. Their other house in Plantersville(outskirts of Houston) also had some absolutely huge oak trees fall in their driveway. Their drive way is a 1/3 of a mile long so its not like they were piled, but Mama said that they called the bishop and the next day guys from the ward were out there and got it taken care of. I love Shelly's comment on how they now have enough firewood for the whole ward for all winter long! Can anybody say smores?
How thankful I am for the men to come to the rescue of my parents! I love ward families and am so thankful for them. I just cant imagine or don't want to, my dad out there with a chain saw!So thank you Magnolia ward! Shelly lost her back fence, but I am so thankful that's all. There is precious cargo in that house! Donna and her family weathered the Storm well in South Houston, so I am told too. So I am thankful to have all my family still in one piece!
No comments:
Post a Comment