Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Waldkirchen









So on Monday we explored Waldkirchen which has a wall and towers surrounding the old town. Mostly it is still in tact and in really good condition. The walls are 4 feet thick! It's funny to me that we were eating ice cream along with every one else because it honestly felt warm after 4 months of temperatures in the teens. If you can tell in the background there are snow drifts melting. The area gets so much snow that it takes a really long time for it all to melt after the last snow fall.On the sides of the road are sticks with measurements to tell how much snow has fallen every I would say half mile on either side. They were oh about 8 feet tall. All I have to say is I don't wanna be in that area in the middle of winter!I'll keep my three feet here in Stuttgart.

Anyway we then went swimming back at the Resort and I have to add YUCK, speedos should be banned forever!I should probably just be thankful they were wearing bathing suits but still YUCK! We had a lot of fun though. Aurora would live in the pool/or tub if we let her.

1 comment:

debra said...

I really do miss the architecture of Europe. The ice cream made me cold with the melting snow! I'm glad you had a good time.