Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Please vote.

So I have a conundrum.I have the going home outfit that Declan was supposed to wear home. Well he never came home and I'm rather attached to it and could never give it away. Declan was born in the winter and Gideon will be born in the very hot humid Houston summer. So the outfit I have is an organic cotton long sleeved knit one piece with cream, brown, and light blue stripes with matching hat. I love it there's a reason why I choose it in the first place. But other than it being the wrong season I don't know if I want to do that. I never want Gideon to feel in anyway that he is a replacement because he's not and I'm sure I could use the outfit later when we are Germany because it will be cold enough there.I also think I might have issues packing it for the hospital again. We are also bringing the baby home on either July 4th or the 5th (if he cooperates that is and is born on the 2nd when we have scheduled) so it might fun to bring him home in something festive. So should I use the existing outfit or get something else?



This is the outfit with socks that I would use, if I choose to bring him home in something other than the one we had for Declan.Whats funny is they are the same brand and both organic which I honestly couldn't care less about.

Oh, the c-section is planned for the second since I would like for that to be a good day of the month not a day where I think Declan would have been __ old since he was born on Feb. 2nd. Also I'm kinda weird about numbers and Declan was born on 02-02-2007, Aurora was born on 12-27-2007 and Gideon would be born on 07-02-2009. I know dumb but I like that all the numbers go together.

PLEASE VOTE - I only have like ten weeks to decide people. Yes, I am making fun of myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel that if you think the red outfit is special then you should keep it in a keepsake box or somewhere and not use it as a baby outfit at all. you know what i mean? i remember visiting you in the hospital and you had a lot of things that they gave you. maybe you could just keep it all together. when i was pregnant someone gave me a baby einstein toy as my first baby toy. when that didn't turn out i gave it away to someone who had just had a baby.

Donna Leavitt said...

I think the new red outfit would be more appropriate. Just for Gideon, cooler, and patriotic, to boot. I don't think I could handle using Declan's going home outfit on Gideon. But that's just me.

I also need to bring you your Bumbo. Can we find a day when I can bring that by next week?

Love ya,
Donna