So, I went to the cardiologist yesterday and I evidently have an I guess disease that causes me to pass out constantly and a functional heart murmur which I'm not worried about. What fun, huh! So until the baby is born I'm not supposed to stand for more than ten minutes at a time, which I think is kinda funny. After I have Gideon they will put me on medication to regulate it so it shouldn't be as much of a problem. As long as I don't get pregnant again, I should be fine while I am on medication. I cant take the medication while pregnant so its very dangerous for me to be pregnant-too bad I already am. My poor doctor is very worried, I really like the man he is very sweet. But basically no more babies, its just not safe.Which I am currently fine with ask me in a couple years and I might change my mind but.......
I did some research tonight and I was excited to find out after living in Germany for a couple years that we will be allowed to adopt German babies/children. I read through all of the German adoption laws and it surprised me to find out we could. I have been told that we couldn't since we aren't German citizens but we will be able to. The adoption laws are very similar though. In Germany the birth parents cant sign away their rights till the baby is eight weeks old, though it can live with you, it wouldn't live with the birth parents. The adoption is final three months later, instead of a year like in most US states. Eight weeks is nothing compared to most adoptions in Europe. Also, I like the fact that there are no sealed records to German adoptees. After the age of 16 they have the right to their adoption records no matter what. I think knowing where you come from is very important. I would love that we could raise them in Germany and they would know the culture and the people and not just learn about them from books or eating at a restaurant.
This doesn't mean we will adopt but I just like having the knowledge that we would be able to adopt from Germany. We could have our American-German kids and our German-American kids.
On a side note I think I sound like a hypochondriac which is kinda funny being as I generally try to ignore my health problems and hate going to doctors. You can ask Ben or my Mom if you don't believe me.
No comments:
Post a Comment