So this was Aurora's second Easter. Which was nice it was tad more fun than last year when I let her suck on her Easter bunnies ears for all of ten seconds. This year she had fun picking up the plastic "hidden" eggs but she was good after like five. She got way too much candy. Next year the Easter bunny is bringing like a fourth of what she got. She was a bit overwhelmed since she gets a very small cookie or a piece of chocolate maybe 3 times a week. We like fruit and cheese at our house so she kept spitting things out and putting something new in her mouth. The carpet cleaner will be brought out of the closet first thing tomorrow morning! She probably ate 5 mini Cadbury eggs-the tiny solid chocolate kind and a 1 inch chocolate sheep all day. So I was happy with her sugar intake though she still refused to take a morning nap, which was not nice since I'm sick. She loved her new books and ball though. She has played with it all day long. Its big and pink and bouncy what could be better?I'm excited for next year with Ben and being old enough to dye Easter eggs for the first time!Plus, we will have Gideon by then so double the fun.
I was really looking forward to going to church today but I got a cold around Wednesday that has turned in Bronchitis-I'm starting to think God doesn't like me anymore, and Aurora is getting over her cold still but has a really weird rash that now covers her whole body and keeps getting worse so we don't know if she contagious so we didn't go. I love sacrament meeting on Easter and especially the beautiful songs so I was more than a little bummed.That and I love seeing all the kids in their cute new clothes.
My mom is also sick, and my sister Shelly is in the hospital with her daughter so we were all going to go to Shelly's house and have Easter dinner with her kids and husband. But my mom was a no go as we were so it was kind of sad. We both sent yummy food so I hope the Turpins still had a good day and I am very sad we didn't get to spend part of it with you! Thank you Mama for the stuffed duck and chocolate Duck-she loves ducks. Her favorite part though is the decorated bag that it came in. She has been putting her sippy cup and plastic eggs in it and hauling it around since Daddy brought it this afternoon.She loves it! So I think we still had a good day and I made Funeral potatoes to take to Shelly's when I decided it wasn't a good idea to go I split it up into two containers so we had funeral potatoes, steak, and asparagus for Easter. A little nontraditional but we both thought it was yummy!
1 comment:
thank you for sending food to my family! You are too kind and while you were sick too!
thanks so much
Post a Comment