Sunday, March 30, 2008

Three Months Old!

Newborn-even my preemie clothes are too big
1 month old
2 months old
3 months old
Wasn't it fun to watch me get chunky! You should see my thighs, I have the cutest rolls ever! Plus, look at how my hair keeps getting lighter and lighter. It's coming in light strawberry blond. So it looks like I have less than I really do. Yeah, mom's genes won!

Randomly I was watching The Sound of Music a couple nights ago and decided Aurora looks a lot like Gretel-the youngest. Look at the last picture you should be able to see it.

On Thursday, Aurora turned three months old. It's really incredible to me that she is so big and it varies from feeling like she's been with us forever to I can not believe your so old!

In 10 weeks, yes 10, she has gone from 6.6 pounds to 12.6 pounds.She was in preemies 10 weeks ago. Now she is in 3-6 months. She was in the 5th percentile when she was born for height and weight. She was 5lbs 15oz. 18 1/4inches long. Now she is in the 50th percentile for weight and the 75th percentile for height. She has more than doubled her birth weight! Yeah, for Aurora.

I finally got a picture of her smiling. It was no small task. She thinks the camera is way to interesting. She laughed for the first time today , it was so cute. She looked a little startled that she made that sound. But for the last couple weeks it has looked like she wanted to laugh so much but couldn't figure out how. She has only done it the once but I'm sure it will be like her smiles. Soon you wont be able to stop her. Oh, on the milestone topic. She rolled over last week twice. She did not want to be on her stomach! She hasn't repeated the phenomenon yet. So well see. I also think she is starting to teethe-yuck. She seems so miserable and is sticking everything in her mouth to chomp on. Poor baby!

Oh, for every one who saw my poll- I was just curious about what you thought. Should I be offended? Do you all think I'm a bad mom? =) We won't be having another baby till at least the winter of 2010. So no worries, I'm sad though Aurora will be 3. Ben has to stay in Iraq till September of 2009 so he can't be deployed. Sounds kinda funny huh. He has to stay there so he won't be deployed there. Well currently he has a wonderful job with great benefits and isn't in any danger. Plus, he doesn't have to deal with Army politics-YUCK!!!!!!!!! I am proud that Ben served his country but the one thing that has really bugged me about the Army was Army politics and hierarchy. So no more babies for us for awhile. Since I am definitely not willing to have two by myself. Dr. Hopkins-my O.B. will be VERY happy.

I keep telling Aurora to stop growing up so fast! Every new accomplishment is so exciting but at the same time it makes me sad that she's getting big so fast.Everyone has started telling me how much she looks like me. I just think it's because we both have fat faces, though she gets her double chin from Ben not me. He had the same one when he was a baby. He really did have body fat at one time. Love you hun! Enough of my ramblings.

I'm a proud Mama.

4 comments:

Shelly Turpin said...

You have a very cute baby! We can't wait to see her and see this amazing personality for ourselves! :)

I like how you put all the pictures in progress so we could see how much she is growing and changing.

See you soon!!!

Shelly Turpin said...

Oh! and Lizzy LOVES the castle!!

Caleb T Ricks said...

Asia, she is sooo cute! I can't wait to see her in a few weeks. It is pretty amazing that she looks different in each and every picture!

Blarney Girl said...

You two did good mixing your genes!! She's gorgeous!

Glad I found your blog!