
I have been craving cajun food like crazy-no I'm not pregnant. This is North Texas home of BBQ, home cooking, and Mexican food and NOTHING else. So I have been trying recipes lately because I wanted good Cajun food not this is okay cajun food made at home. So I have been playing with a Crawfish Etouffee recipe and I have made a winner. It's really easy and I made it on the milder side since I just can't seem to handle all the spice after two years of no spicy food. So its pretty kid safe. So I thought I would share since I keep hearing people complain they are in a food rut.
Crawfish Etouffee
1/4 pound butter
3 cups minced onions
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon paprika
1 pound crawfish tails, bag reserved or you can do half crawfish half shrimp or just shrimp
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup chopped green onions
Serving suggestion: steamed rice or wild rice
Heat butter over a medium heat in a medium saucepot. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions begin to turn clear. Add thyme and flour and cook for 1 minute, being careful not to brown flour. Add chicken stock, Cajun seasoning, and paprika. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in crawfish tails. Rinse out the bag that the crawfish tails were in with 1 tablespoon of water, and add water to pot. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If making Shrimp Etouffee then simmer for 5 minutes first then add shrimp for last five minutes. Stir in green onions. Serve with steamed rice and steamed broccoli.
2 comments:
Asia I'm so happy I stumbled onto your blog. It so sad that we are in the same ward yet we never get to see each other (I need out of Primary just kidding Heather). Well just wanted to say hi and say what a cutie Aurora is. I haven't seen her in forever. What a doll. Sounds like you and your family have some huge changes coming up keep us all posted.
sorry, but the food in the picture on you blog page is SHRIMP, not crawfish.
Post a Comment