
We were going to go to Holland this April and see the flower parade, the tulip festival and cheese farms but were moving instead and hopefully next year we will be having a baby or have a newborn.Recovering from your fourth c-section and walking long distances don't really go well together so I really hope we get to go before we move! 2013 maybe? Isn't it breath taking!
So I got my IVF info yesterday at the doctors office. We talked for an hour. So the plan is to start with all the blood work and labs that need to be done in May AFTER the move which she will then forward all the results to the clinic.Is it bad that I'm happy Ben finally gets tests done too?Then we will go to Prague for a preliminary visit in June to sign papers, ask questions, get an exam etc. It will only take a couple hours so we get to be touristy that trip too. We think we are going to take the train as it should be fun for all of us that way and only takes an hour longer and the kids wont be trapped in car seats which is a plus. It will be a short trip over a long weekend. Then I will take home my medication and will either start it in July or August( I haven't decided yet). You start the injections on day 2 of your cycle and then continue on till day 12. During that time I will routinely be checked by my OB/GYN here for follicle size and numbers. On day 11 we will travel to Prague and on day 12 they will retrieve all follicles while I'm under general anesthesia and Ben will provide the "goods." They will then fertilize the follicles via ICSI and wait 2-3 days to see how they are growing( cells dividing correctly) and then put 3 of them back in me! Then I need to take it easy for a couple days and hopefully they implant and continue to grow! I will also be taking hormone supplements to make sure they are high enough to avoid miscarriage till my second trimester. So God willing I will be pregnant before September! Doesn't Spring 2012 sound terrific!
Now, I just need a volunteer to watch my kids during the second trip since it will take 5 days including travel.Takers?!
* As a side note I'm really excited for General Conference this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment