Wednesday, April 13, 2011

M Day!

As we get closer to "M" Day or to most people moving day my life gets crazier! But thats okay it means I'm moving to my fabulous new house and I get to leave behind 120 year old "charm." So.... duh dun dun duh.... this is the fabric. I did find the comments very helpful but in the end showed Ben and let him have the say since I picked out all the fabric out of literally thousands of samples.This is exactly how we pick baby names as well. I find the ones I love narrow it down to two or three and give him options.It works great for us! So....its none of the three posted . He hates the cream with geometric brown, aqua and green circles sad but oh well. I either wanted light or dark and gave him the option. Either way the wood will be light cream. So he said dark and then I gave him four options two were geometric patterns and two were floral. I was SHOCKED he picked a floral one. I love it and I love that its 50 percent linen and has that grainy look. I will also be waterproofing it. I think my sanity will benefit from this decision and I actually think it will still look good. I promise its not the super shiny thick vinyl crud!I'm not too worried about bumms getting stuck to it since well its hot here for oh all of three weeks a year. If I hate it well knowing myself.... I will probably just reupholster it!



The table top will be black I think and the bottom the same cream as the chairs and the wood on the bench. The table has to have a couple good coats of primer first so if I like solid it will just be cream technically Antique white so we will see.Kind of like this only black instead of the walnut wood.

So, what do you think?I already bought the fabric FYI so its pretty final.





3 comments:

debra said...

I like it - surprised Ben does but it is very pretty. I want to see a picture when it is finished. Enjoyed talking to you today.

Donna Leavitt said...

It looks great! I am sure you will love the end result!

oops! said...

Thanks for the advice on the mirror! Opinions do help! I love the fabric! Can't wait to see it finished!