Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Making German Christmas cookies and putting up our tree








gideon was more interested in eating dough than helping cut out.

We've had fun this year making crafts, baking cookies, reading books,singing songs, watching shows and decorating for Christmas. Aurora walks around the house declaring its Bee-U-ti-full and in the morning takes her blanket and juice down stairs to snuggle up in front of the tree and just stare at it. Gideon on the other hand has managed to denude half our tree, trys to eat,yes eat, the glass ornaments on a daily basis (he has cut hands, nose and lips), and is generally being a pain as he gets into EVERYTHING. Its a good thing he's so darn cute!

* Aurora has unwrapped all the wrapped presents sent to us by grandparents and doesn't really understand why she cant have them NOW! I'm not gonna put anything under the tree till Christmas Eve now, it may become a tradition who knows. I'm trying to make Christmas bags to put presents in made from pretty Christmas fabric but I'm not sure if I will get them all made in time this year. I hate all the waste and time of wrapping presents in paper and bows.Pretty but its so expensive and such a waste of trees! I spent the same amount on fabric that I would have on wrapping paper( thank you clearance sales!) so its already paid for itself as well though I'm pretty sure I will have to make more in the future as the kids get older and we hopefully add to our family.

By the way I really am fine. I know that you dont have voice inflection on a blog so really the last post was just how I feel about life in general not babies, or money or anything else in specific just life.

ALSO, Joanns.com is having Christmas clearance 70% or more off. I scored a ton of great crafts for next year.

No comments: