So life has been chugging along at an alarming rate. On September 11 we celebrated our 1 year anniversary of living here in Germany. I cant believe its been a year already! So only one or two more to go till our next adventure( in hopefully an English speaking country).I love having Ben home everyday and the weekends are never long enough it seems. Now, I'm not quite sure how we made the last five years of constant separation to Iraq, etc. work but I know it has made our marriage so much stronger than the norm.He may drive me crazy but I love him and am so blessed to be married to such a great man. Right now he is working on getting his CCIE which is the equivalent of a PHD in engineering. It's an 8 hour test thats the equivalent in hardness to taking the BAR. I am so proud of him for working so hard to further his career and support our family. After he passes his CCIE next year he plans to start an MBA program. I hope that our kids can be inspired by him and his love of learning.I know I am.
Last weekend we spent Saturday in the Heidelberg area and then went a little past it to a town called Four Castles. Yes, it has four separate castles.We hiked up to some ruins and it was fun. You could see three castles at the same time!I will post pictures later.
Gideon is running everywhere. A lady called him a little drunkard on Saturday since he is fast but a tad wobbly. Personally I think he looks like a cowboy since he walks with his legs super spread out with his knees slightly angled to the side.He is so stinkin cute. He also loves to draw,sing, dance, play with balls, cars and do anything that has to do with music.I was doing some yard work this past week on the front of the house and Gideon was "helping" and a group of old( in their 80's) cute Germans were out walking, saw him and pulled out cameras and were taking his picture. It's so funny to me how people never ask me if its okay. I wonder how many pictures of my kids grace other peoples walls?!
Aurora is loving all the fall pumpkins and has one in the living room to watch TV with since its her "friend". She is super social and loves being with other kids that I'm so excited for her to start Kindergarten in January! We just need to be fully potty trained before then. UGH! She is starting to actually use the toilet but only when she wants to but she thinks she must be naked to do so. Getting her clothes back on is not the easiest thing in the world so this is less than fun for me.She is talking more and more like a little person and less like a baby now. She loves loves loves the three Tinkerbell movies. I have to say they are pretty cute.She loves being outside and riding her tricycle.
I have been baking up a storm, cooking fall food, gardening ,learning how to cut my husbands hair- it looks good and now I cut everyone in the families hair, removing leaves from my molting house(its covered in vines and the leaves change colors and fall off every fall like a tree UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)trying to be social, currently missing my best friend who is on vacation in the states,cutting out fabric for a couple different quilts, literally a dozen blankets and several dozen burb cloths( I have over a DOZEN pregnant friends)oh and unsuccessfully trying to get pregnant. The last several months we have been doing lots of fun drugs, doctor visits( I do LOVE my OB/GYN though as he's hilarious) but other than making me gain ten pounds that was really hard to lose, looking like I'm six months pregnant from all the bloating,cramps,losing my temper,mood swings,getting hot flashes, and loads of vomiting no success. I feel incredibly blessed to have two beautiful kids who are happy and healthy little monsters but today I would just really like to have something be easy. I should have three not two (heck nine if were counting all the miscarriages) so God if your listening I really don't think just one more is a lot to ask so... PLEASE! Yes, this morning I had a homemade-from scratch triple chocolate cupcake for breakfast to try and console myself. Sadly, it didn't work but it sure as heck was tasty! I'm pretty positive it bumped me towards eleven pounds though.I really don't want to have to do IUI's or IVF!I think if I didn't want a newborn I would say heck with it and start adoption paperwork for the Ukraine or Russia since I know there are already so many kids out there that need good homes with people to love them. Hopefully one day... but until then please God if shes supposed to get here I need a little help.
No comments:
Post a Comment