Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes


So I love all things Pumpkin, seriously I do and my favorite breakfast food is pancakes so... I needed to create a recipe that perfectly melded those two things.This definitely works and is super easy!It's fall here and has been for about a month. I'm loving the beautiful leaves and cool crisp days and cold nights.I feel like I actually get to enjoy it this year since last year was all stress about finding a house and transitioning well etc.But back to the topic of choice.

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

‎3 cups Bisquick
1 small can pure pumpkin or 1 to 1 1/2 cups ( not ready made pumpkin pie filling )
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg- we like nutmeg so adjust accordingly
Mix and let sit 5-10 minutes before cooking.(important)
I butter each pancake then add syrup and then whipped cream... no its not a diet product and now you know why my hips are so wide but hey you just added a vegetable to your pancakes and it tastes like light fluffy pumpkin pie! Don't skimp on the whip cream I'm telling you it is so worth it!

* They will take longer to cook so cook on a temperature slightly lower than you would normally and they will be thick not thin pancakes.

3 comments:

Donna Leavitt said...

Looks YUMMY! I love pumpkin pie. I hope I can try this soon!

Shelly Turpin said...

Looks super yummy!

Wonderland said...

Love it! seriously, pumpkin is the best vegetable ever and if someone says he/she does not like pancakes This is a big liar!