Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Ritter Sport Chocolate Factory

I had to post all of them. We had so much fun!


















The Ritter Factory is about 35 minutes from our house so we decided last Saturday that it was the perfect snowy weather indoor activity. We started the day by going to McDonald's for lunch which makes all of the Lowes very happy and then headed over to Waldenbuch where the factory is.We went through their small museum on how chocolate is made and then the history of their company which is actually interesting. The reason why the candy bars are square are so that they fit in pockets better and wont stick out.Then we went down stairs to the store. They of course sell all their yummy goodness at a discount but in the back where the majority of the pictures are from is the 75% off section. We literally got about 30 pounds of chocolate. So a few of you will be receiving packages soon and everyone else don't worry I haven't forgotten about you we just plan on going back every couple of months and each time different people will benefit from our lack of self control.Aurora was in literal Heaven! She kept running from bin to bin.Everyone just stood back and watched and laughed. Germans LOVE kids and she benefits from that often as I cant go in a store without someone handing her bread, candy, or chocolate. It is a little disconcerting at times but it's just the culture and people are very kind.

*Yes, I dyed my hair red. I like it so it will probably stay this color for a couple months then I will be blond again for my sisters wedding.

4 comments:

Donna Leavitt said...

Love the red hair on you. And ya know what they say about kids in candy stores... She looks exstatic! Love the pics. Thanks for sharing.

debra said...

Aurora face is getting rounder - looks like she is going to grow some more. Your hair well, I am glad it will be blonde when Kathie gets married. The red does bring out your beautiful eyes, though.

Shelly Turpin said...

The red hair makes you look like Mama in the eyes. Don't know, maybe I'm crazy. :)

It looks like such an ordinary building to be such a heaven inside. :)

Hazelnut - when you think of me :) :) :)

It looks like a super day

M & J Bowerbank said...

Love your hair. Sounds like so much fun. Stupid job I have now, I really want to come and visit. It is not that far away. Ugh.