Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Musings of a Mom

I love my babies let me start with that. I love them and some days I think they are trying to kill me. Children are truly gifts from God. But Aurora is currently testing out the " I brought you into this world I can take you right back out again" saying. Oh, some days! Last night we finally got her to stay in bed around ten and I promptly fell asleep and then woke up to her around 6ish this morning.UGH! I have health problems, a lot of them. I ignore them mostly and move on with the day to day but I have to sleep or I get sick and cant function so on days like today I drag and tell my quivering womb to go back into hibernation. I'll just put it out there. I want another baby. NO idea why, well that's not true. I LOVE being a mom 99% of the time.There is nothing better than holding your new baby in your arms. But seriously I have a 7 1/2 month old! NO I will not be getting pregnant any time soon but I want to. Why is that?!Seriously I have horrible pregnancies, horrible but I know there is another little person who should join my family and that thrills me. Then I try to picture having three under four and that doesn't thrill me. Then there is the fact that I have been exercising and eating better because I want my body to be as fit as possible. My Mom once told me that during child bearing years all you do is have babies , exercise that baby off, then have another baby. So its a tad frustrating. One day though I'm just going to have a tummy tuck and forgo the after pregnancy get your body back kinda phase(yes kinda I only know three people who have lots of kids and don't look like it. Shelly, Cyndi and Erin its a good thing I love you or I'd hate you!).So I have been compiling pictures from our four different hard drives as I need to fill some empty picture frames and I don't have a single print of Gideon. So I was looking at baby pictures and that's never a good idea because those sweet pictures of beautiful bundles don't show the exhaustion, fear, and stress that goes along with it all. So that's what caused this post of Momminess. But I'm assuming that most of you can relate.So let me reiterate I love them but they are trying to kill me, even the ones who aren't here yet!

3 comments:

Jen said...

So many things to comment on from your 3 posts last night.
1. My husband would wear a similar non-matching outfit...what can we do about it?
2. I have 3 boys now and I feel they seriously will eat me out of house and home...what will I do when they are teenagers?
3. My baby is only 3 months old and I too know I will have another one. I knew even before he was born. Yes I want a girl, but it's more than that. I know I want a 4th child. Even though they drive me crazy. Even though I'm exhausted. I look forward to getting pregnant again (hopefully not for a few months, but I am unable to really "plan" this stuff so whenever). You aren't crazy, totally normal...or at least as crazy and normal as I am!

asiaelizabeth said...

Thanks Jen!

Shelly Turpin said...

Thanks for not hating me! ;) Although I feel like I'll never have my pre-30 year old body back. Oh well. I totally understand. I have 6 kids and constant stress/chaos, a highly hormonal teenager that we are all tip toeing around, a pre-period 11 1/2 year old, decisions like crazy and I want a baby SO badly. If I had an extra $7500 laying around I'd get Jason unfixed. ;)
Oh well. Motherhood is a ride. I do think that knowing another one is coming is Heavenly Father's way of preparing us.
Love ya - glad you had a good bday!