So, today has been a day racked with guilt. I gave Elliott my cat to my mom. Why? Well since his two play mates disappeared in the last two months( I'm still dying inside!) he has been miserable and has been making me miserable. So I made appointments several weeks ago to get them Germany, and Piano ready. For Germany they have to be microchiped, spade/neutered, new rabies shot etc. Our new 7 ft. Artist grand piano is being delivered tomorrow and I think we would both die if it got scratched. So Clara's back claws are being removed as her front already have been. But I have been trying to decide whether or not to give him to my mom so he can have 4 friends, constant access to the outdoors where there are actually trees and birds and fun places to roam. Though he will have constant access to the barn so he doesn't have to be outside unless he wants to be. Can you tell I'm still trying to convince myself I made the right decision?! He is a sweet heart and it kills me but I think after the next couple weeks of adjusting he will be a happier cat finally. But I'm sad my fuzzy butt is gone even if it means he will hopefully be happier with his life in the country. Yes his nick name was fuzzy butt. Tonight I am cat less and its really weird. Clara is still at the Vets till tomorrow. I miss my babies and the funny part is 90% of the cat hair that is shed comes from Clara so that wont really lessen. Maybe the Lord will have pity on me since I have been praying about him all day and that he will adjust well and be happy.Hopefully.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Elliott the Cat
So, today has been a day racked with guilt. I gave Elliott my cat to my mom. Why? Well since his two play mates disappeared in the last two months( I'm still dying inside!) he has been miserable and has been making me miserable. So I made appointments several weeks ago to get them Germany, and Piano ready. For Germany they have to be microchiped, spade/neutered, new rabies shot etc. Our new 7 ft. Artist grand piano is being delivered tomorrow and I think we would both die if it got scratched. So Clara's back claws are being removed as her front already have been. But I have been trying to decide whether or not to give him to my mom so he can have 4 friends, constant access to the outdoors where there are actually trees and birds and fun places to roam. Though he will have constant access to the barn so he doesn't have to be outside unless he wants to be. Can you tell I'm still trying to convince myself I made the right decision?! He is a sweet heart and it kills me but I think after the next couple weeks of adjusting he will be a happier cat finally. But I'm sad my fuzzy butt is gone even if it means he will hopefully be happier with his life in the country. Yes his nick name was fuzzy butt. Tonight I am cat less and its really weird. Clara is still at the Vets till tomorrow. I miss my babies and the funny part is 90% of the cat hair that is shed comes from Clara so that wont really lessen. Maybe the Lord will have pity on me since I have been praying about him all day and that he will adjust well and be happy.Hopefully.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment