Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hi from Houston

Well, I am tired. My ever present pregnancy symptom, but doing well. My patience is not as it was but I am trying.Aurora now has 6 teeth she got three in the last week, and she is working on two more bottom teeth for a grand total of eight so in a months time she will have gone from 2 to 8. Pretty impressive I think, and well hence the lossing my patience thing. She hasnt been as much of the fun sweet baby she is normally though she is handling all the traveling we have done like a champ. She now LOVES Mama. When she got here all she wanted was for Mama to hold her. My mom has had nerve/back issues and isnt supposed to but who could resist that little face? She also cries when she leaves the room. Which I think is adorable since she only ever does that for me. Maybe she just knows like everyone else that this woman she looks so much like( looks just like my mom its crazy!) is simply amazing and cant be parted from her. I know we all feel that way so I understand. Why its crazy that she looks so much like my mom is yes I look my mom. But I look WAY more like my Dad. So genetics are a funny thing. My mom says its about time after 20 grand kids that one looks like her. I agree.

We should close on the house on Monday or Tuesday. Which after the work on our house will commence immediately. So a little stressed at all the money leaving my checking account but I guess its a house I'll get it back. Its not like I'm buying Dillard's out of shoes or something.I'm okay with spending small amounts that lead up to larger totals but large chunks at once kinda make me queasy.So I'm trying to breathe and relax and am just thankful that I don't personally have to paint 3000 sq.ft. of house inside. I painted every wall ,cabinet etc. at least three times(not exaggerating) in Amarillo. So I am ecstatic to pay someone else to do it this time!
Mama and I picked out some light fixtures since all of them have to be replaced.The previous owners took almost all the light fixtures and put little cheap bulby things in their place.They left one. So it was fun to pick out stuff that I like. I'm trying to stay pretty neutral since well only live here for less than a year but Mama made a point," just enjoy it". So I'm trying to. I really love the dining rooms chandelier its perfect and very me. I also love the living rooms fan which was out of stock so hopefully I can find it somewhere in stock!

I had to go buy some maternity pants today. I love the size and everything. I'm a 10. Which to the skinny people out there is not impressive but I am proud of myself and my size ten pants.I had a baby 10 months ago and I weighed a whole lot more than I do now! After this baby that 10 will eventually be an 8 then a 6 ! I don't want to be any skinnier than that but I loved trying on gap maternity pants today and being like WOW I really need to go down a size. Not a norm for me so I'm happy!

No comments: