
We are getting an Icelandic Sheep dog in May. This is what the puppies look like. They were born last week (obviously not the one pictured) and we are going to look on Wednesday. The breeder also breeds Icelandic horses and literally lives in a castle so it should be a fun afternoon.
An adult Icelandic sheepdog, fabulous family dogs, they are medium sized 30-40 lb dogs. The only thing I have to worry about is that they will herd my children along which I am fine with as they could probably do with some herding!They come in a range of colors from beige, reddish blonde, brown and black but almost always have a white bib, tail, feet and face. We plan on getting one this summer and one next so we will have two and that way they wont get lonely( I only want to train one at a time) I like the darker ones and Ben likes the lighter so we plan on getting one of each.The parents of the new puppies are both light so this one will be male( only males available) and light.The kids are both so excited and are fantastically gentle with animals. We will see if that lasts though( the gentleness).
I have thyroid disease! WAHOOOOO!I've been tested for years and it always came back odd and they would tell me to get tested again in three months. Well I finally am odd enough evidently. I even got an ultrasound of my thyroid it was very cool but I'm weird that way. I AM ON DRUGS and it is FAN freakin tastic!! I can think again. I remember a time where my brain buzzed and I was witty and then it became mush. I can not keep up with my brain now its so fantastic! I feel alive and intelligent. I may be puking again, dizzy as anything and have a fever but heck my brain feels fantastic!( not related to my hypothyroidism)Can you tell I'm thrilled. I've never been so happy to take a tiny white pill before.I'm ready for my body to respond to some antibiotics any antibiotics so maybe I can keep up with myself! So I'm doing great but am really sick its kinda amusing to me.
So I have differing opinions on IVF from my doctors. One wants to do SIX rounds of injectables first and the other says skip it since she doesn't think it will work and isn't worth the cost since we could do TWO rounds of IVF for the same cost. I feel like the one Dr. just wants to check boxes first and isn't thinking of what will work and whats best for my body. So I go in to talk details on Thursday and we are tentatively thinking about doing IVF in late summer in Prague. I'm excited, no nervousness yet and that gives me time to become fully healthy hopefully before we start. I never knew there were so many options or types of IVF!
Personally, I believe that life starts at conception and that abortion or embryo "disposal" is murder. So when we do IVF or actually we will be doing ICSI they will stimulate my ovaries and remove all the healthy full sized follicles (eggs) and at that point we could fertilize all of them or 2-3 which is how many you put in on one cycle. You can freeze the follicles and sperm separately which is what we will do as that means if the first cycle doesn't work they wont have to do retrieval again but just thaw said number of eggs and sperm and fertilize them or you fertilize all the follicles at the beginning and then freeze the excess (which I dont want). This is important to me because if the first one works , which I really hope it does, I couldn't let them kill my babies and I'm not personally comfortable with donating them either. Though I think its an amazing thing. I just couldn't live with knowing I had children walking around some where when I always wanted them but couldn't physically carry anymore. It would also make finding a surrogate too tempting. If that makes sense.So we will put in three embryos. In the US the average is 4 and we are doing three because of my history with miscarriages. The probability of more than one implanting in MY uterus for a full term pregnancy is incredibly slim. I have a cranky uterus so most people have a much higher likelihood than I do. We will not be having triplets, I doubt we will even have twins but God willing after all this work we will have at least one new beautiful bundle of love. I know this little soul will be so worth the wait. I don't know her name yet, or what she looks like but I love her already. She is mine and I am excited for her to complete our family.
*ICSI is when they inject a specially selected single healthy sperm into the egg instead of just putting the follicle and sperm in a petri dish and letting the sperm fertilize the follicle "naturally." This decreases the chance of a less than perfectly healthy sperm fertilizing the egg and causing an early miscarriage.
** A fun fact is that there is a significant amount more female babies born from IVF then male since female embryos are so much stronger and survive the transition better. Interesting stuff, huh!
2 comments:
The dog will be wonderful! The only problem with a herding dog is that they herd everything and are very "busy". Until Maggie trained herself to herd our cows, she was in to everything. Now, that she has a "job" she is more content and not chewing everything. The puppies are adorable.
Prague sounds like a wonderful place to get pregnant. Aah the romance!
Glad you figured out the hypothyroidism. I've heard it's wonderful to finally get your mind back. I love the med because it's so inexpensive! Side note - hypothyroidism can also cause miscarriages, so glad you figured it out before your IVF.
Post a Comment