Thursday, May 6, 2010

Itchy Feet


Yes, Aurora really was steering our boat with her feet.But hey such is life right!?

We have itchy feet so if your planning on visiting us here in Germany I suggest you do so in the next 15 months. We will be moving on to a new country. I have found I have a prerequisite that English must be the national language spoken but other than that I'm pretty much up for any where. We love Germany just I have a really hard time with the language and that affects a WHOLE lot.Plus, Ben isn't thrilled with his job so... we are going to make a list and try to visit all our MUST go places before we vacate Europe. So we are planning on going to Ireland/ England for two weeks this August. We will be driving hence the England part.Then next Spring around my Birthday we will be going to Italy and Greece. Other than that we will be doing long weekends to go to Prague, Paris, Amsterdam, and Zurich.We live 2-6 hours from each of those cities by car. We have already picked our next place and are excited(yes they speak English well sorta and they have TARGET and Kmart, you really do not understand how frustrating it is to shop here). I'm going to try and make the most of our time here though. I am starting to make new friends and I have found a good play group to attend with the kids but I really hate the fact that every time I go into public I feel handicapped.I was talking to a friend yesterday and she moved here right before I did and shes having a harder time of it than I am which actually made me feel better.Germany is a great place to visit there is a million things to do and see but live... not so much.So yes, I'm actually doing really well but just a heads up that our wander lust is leading us onto new places and new adventures.

* This also means that there will not be a new Lowe/Lowes in 2011.Ben keeps saying babies as in plural the crazy man wants twins so I think a three year gap looks good in that case.Sorry Lowes and Larsons you will have to convince Josh to provide more grandchildren, my uterus is on sabbatical.

1 comment:

Shelly Turpin said...

I hope you enjoy all your excursions. I'm curious where you guys will end up next....the possibilities...... :)