Monday, September 28, 2009

The Ivy House and Car


GebäudeEG Raum mit offenen Kamin

This room is actually twice as long as you can see and it has the original floors and everything. This will be our music room and the piano will go in the portion of the room that you cant see. We are going to buy new furniture for this room and are having fun looking.
Schlafzimmer
Master bedroom
Wellnessbereich
The Spa Room as I call it and it's huge. You cant see much of it here. It has a huge Sauna, jacuzzi tub,fireplace and an open area that I'm trying to figure out what to do with.

Dachterrasse
Gästezimmer
We just purchased a fully loaded 2010 Ford Focus SES. The color is actually a shade darker than this in gray with black leather seats. It's Ben's new car. We wanted something that got good gas mileage for his commute.What I love is the 7 year warranty!

So we found a house! We looked at about 15 and it was between two, one a six bedroom with large yard, but I picked the one with charm and practically no yard with three bedrooms. Your thinking what?, but this one just feels right and we have been blessed with a great land lady who is doing all kinds of things for us. Plus, we just bought our first brand new car that we are excited to have once it gets into country.So I will take better pictures of the house once we are in it and I have decorated.These are from the realtor and its much more beautiful in person. The house is 119 years old and I have dubbed it the Ivy House for obvious reasons. My goal is to convince the landlady to let us remove half of it and paint. Then I think it would look really nice. She LIKES her Ivy though so we will see if I have any luck.

Lets see the House is in Weissach, Germany which is about 25 minutes from the base that Ben works on. There are four different bases in Stuttgart. Weissach is pronounced Vy-sock. It has a tiny population of 7,500 and its on the edge of the black forest. It's so beautiful. It's exactly what we wanted! The bakery is a block and a half away which is important since you buy bread for the day in Germany. The butcher is also about two blocks away and there is a small general store about three blocks away. The playground is two blocks away which is nice since we wont have a yard big enough for a swing set. I will buy most of our groceries on base as they are cheaper and have brands we know and love but its nice to have the other things so close. We will live in this house till we have another baby. If/when we have another we will have to move as I dont want to turn our playroom into another bedroom. The house has three bedrooms, three living areas, an office, kitchen, and dining room. I cant wait to be in,unpacked and have all our new furniture where I want it as well. Then I will take pictures.

There are flohmarkts or Flea markets every weekend in just about any size able town that are just awesome. So I will be scouring them for some incredible antiques to decorate with. We went to one in downtown Stuttgart on Saturday and I found some amazing jelwery. I bought a bracelet thats over a hundred years old, solid silver and handmade and it was not expensive! Thank you Ben for your German, your negotiation skills, and the fact that you had fun shopping with me. The lady had no idea what she was selling me. See Mama my tuition at Tech wasn't a complete waste. Speaking of tech, I took a grad course as an undergrad in European Medieval Art which was incredible by the way and I'm so glad I kept my text book as we can go and see all of that in person now!

5 comments:

debra said...

Be careful the ivy may be the only thing holding it togehter! Just kidding. In a way it reminds me of the ivy house next to our house in Provo but with a lot more class. The inside looks great but you may regret the no backyard. The car looks nice. Hope Ben enjoys it. Love you, Mama

The Maguet's said...

What a charming house- with some major decorating potential! I love all of the interesting details inside- I would be in heaven decorating that thing!! You will have to post more pics soon! Post some pics of your town, Germany interests me so much. Have fun shopping!

CYNDI said...

Asia, it is so cute! I love the floors and ceilings. Your rugs are going to look great in there! A spa inside? Now I really have to come and visit!
The car looks really nice, too. I have never owned a brand new car. Miss you.

Shelly Turpin said...

wow - agree with Mama, the ivy is probably holding it together! :) It sounds like you are having so much fun. I am glad. And to have found a place, what a relief!

Emily Barton said...

Cool Place. Reminds me of what I remember Germany looked like when I paid a visit in 5th grade. (It's been awhile.)