
So as much as we love everyone, I don't love anyone on that side of the Atlantic enough to fly for 14 hours again for a very very long time and I REALLY love my family! All four of us are pretty sick and it was just a miserable flight for us all. I have an amazing husband though! Ben was a huge help on the plane. We are currently battling jet lag a bit and are trying to kick it.
Yesterday, was a day of trying to get our Id's which did not work and driving between bases since everything we have to do and fill out are strewn between three different bases. The military never makes anything easy. Its a bit frustrating since we accomplished almost nothing. We have about a week of inprocessing and an insane amount of places and paperwork we need to fill out. Everyone has been so nice and friendly in trying to help us though.Today, we went for a drive to check out the area a bit and it is incredibly beautiful. I did not take this picture though I will try to take some as the leaves are starting to change and it looks just like a post card.This is Reutlingen right outside of Stuttgart and in the area where we will live.
As we were driving around the song "I think I'm gonna like it here," from the movie Annie was going through my head. I'm excited to find a house and we will make an appointment on base on Monday to try and find a house through them. We want to go through the base since its ridicously expensive otherwise since realtor fees are about ten thousand dollars and thats not including your security deposit which is the same amount. So about twenty thousand dollars to get into a house. Crazy, huh! Did I mention that is just to RENT a house.If we go through base it will only cost about five thousand which we will get back in about a year with interest. So.... we want to go through base.
Tomorrow, I'm not sure we will make it to church as it starts at 9 and we still very much have jet lag but we are going to go explore Stuttgart Centrum and I will take some pictures. The Centrum is the center and has the pedestrian zone of a given city or town. The pedestrian zone is the area in which cars are not allowed and has museums, churches, restaurants,open air markets and such.
3 comments:
I am going to love blogging more than ever since I get to see everything so quickly. How did Aurora do/doing with all the changes? We miss you already.
Welcome home guys! I sure hope you get everything settled quickly and that you can find a nice home to live in. I'm so jealous you guys are in Germany. I hope you'll let Eric and I come and visit you! I get paid to take vacations now! YIPPEE!
In your blog, things sound better already. Becca is ready to come now :) she'll just need to wait a couple more years. It sounds so pretty - can't wait to see the pictures
oh, I talked with the RS Pres in Inwood and they have found a home for all of your baby food - yeah, a blessing for someone! :)
Post a Comment