Saturday, December 6, 2008

Making a list and checking it twice.

Aurora on Horsey
The shiny stuff on her cheeks is medicine. She has allergy related Eczema only on her cheeks.
It completely cleared up when we were in Houston so I'm hoping it does so again!
Ok gotta love that this kid is gonna have a space between her two front teeth!
Hi, she's waving.

Playing outside

Ok, so I'm moving on Tuesday and for the last week I've had this list of things I need to do and have all of them done but one and that will happen tomorrow so yay for me!The funny thing about me and lists is I don't like crossing things off of lists to me that ruins it. It makes it messy and just bothers me so as the list dwindles it means I write new drafts. Yes, I'm weird but I thought I would share by weirdness with you.

We got a horse this week. We bought it at Sam's, it is potty trained and everything. It is stuffed but I figure when you buy anything that big it is now another member of the family. Oddly I have not named it yet( I name everything) we just call it horsey.

Today we went to Petsmart to get a couple carriers for the cats. By the way anyone know how to drug four cats so that they sleep for a day but that doesn't hurt them? Anyway they had dogs for adoption and wow we both wanted to adopt a blond version of Goliath but he had already been adopted its a good thing too, since I really think I might have adopted him! But if you live in the Amarillo area there is a no kill animal shelter in Dalhart.It is called DAWGS. They have over 600 dogs on their ranch so stop by , give money its a good cause they save animals and their sole purpose is to find homes for the animals. BY the way SOAP BOX TIME- DO NOT EVER get an animal if you would even entertain the idea of abandoning it/taking it to the SPCA(they kill them after 3 days) in case you have a baby or you feel it would no longer fit into your life. Would you do that to your kids?I firmly believe that you will be accountable for how you treat Gods creatures. They are our responsibility. Think about the temple, it says that there too.Ok off of Soap Box now. But really if you don't understand watch BOLT and listen to the Cat. I really think that's how they feel when abandoned.

On a lighter note Aurora loves old movies. Yes! She is my child! We watched "In the Good Old Summertime" last night. We both loved it! She normally doesn't like TV so much which is fine with me. It was made in 1949 is in techni color and has Judy Garland and the blond guy who got indelible ink all over his shirt in Yours, Mine and Ours in it. This is the movie that You've Got Mail was based on. It is set in the early 1900's and its great. It really is so much like You've Got Mail. Some of the lines in the movie are even the same! Shelly you have to find and watch it!

2 comments:

The Maguet's said...

My vet gave me pills for Kiski's looong ride to KY this coming weekend. He also said that if she starts "waking up" too much, pop her a half a benadryl. I gave her meds on the way down to TX...so glad I did!! Good luck on the move!

Shelly Turpin said...

I've seen it! I too love old movies!!
I am glad you are about ready to move. I can't imagine doing all of that while being pregnant and having a little one underfoot. Yeah for you! You did a great job! We look forward to having you here.