Yesterday at Walmart (Ugh! I really hate that place!) I was walking along and this mom was talking to her baby and making the most ridiculous faces at her baby. It just made me laugh so hard because well I know I must look just as dumb but hey she loves it so who cares! But hey now I know how idiotic I look while doing it.
Ok, I love Aurora's high chair. I think its my thankful moment for modern appliances-kinda for the day. She will sit in it and watch me while I'm in the kitchen doing dishes or cooking. I am very thankful for having a really good baby. But she is becoming rather clingy after my trip to Houston she doesn't want anyone but me holding her. Its a good thing I don't mind!
I wanted to share a thought. When I was in Houston this man told me not to forget my treasure meaning Aurora. I do think of her as a treasure but on the ride home in the air plane I thought about earthly treasures and what things really mean to us. What do you put your time and effort into? Can you take it with you when you die? It also really struck home since a friend I grew up with baby died the same day. I was thinking about that and remembering how that felt for us and was trying not to cry( I was crammed in an airplane seat with a baby next to a rather large man). I like nice things, I do, but honestly there are only a couple of things I am attached to. My daughter, my pictures of Declan, my wedding pictures all ten of them and my wedding ring. I things those are good treasures. I hope I never consider anything material or not worthwhile treasure. I hope to never forget my "treasures. " My real treasures. My family , the ones I love most.
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Matt. 6:21
3 comments:
I loved the picture of Aurora this morning. I, too, love the high chair - truly a wonderful invention :)
Good thoughts on treasure - I agree.
Have a wonderful day!
Shelly
Oh, As. I think that you are right on. We are so blessed to have each other and our families. Which friend lost a baby? I'm so sorry.
Asia, we just realized we have given Aurora a nickname. We (me, jacob and andrew) call her rora. It is cute, we think. love you so
Post a Comment