Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Room is FINALLY Done!













So Aurora is 4 months old tomorrow and on Thursday I finally got her room finished-yay for me! It's been hard to work on it since the only time I have to do so is when shes sleeping and well she sleeps in her room. So here it is, isn't it adorable. All the flowers and butterflies were supposed to be lawn ornaments. I took the stick out of the butterflies and I nailed the flowers to the wall. With really tiny nails mama. =) Dream is a rub on, gotta love it! There's a lady on eBay who will do what ever you want in a rub on you get to pick the font you can make up your own saying, color, etc. and they are under $20 bucks so I think it's great! The bunnies and duck I got on clearance after Easter. I think they are adorable. So its a tad busy but I think very cute.

In other news this week we have been planning our vacation to Germany and Austria. Which has been fun. I have also been working on finishing the flower beds in the front and back yard. I'm also planting 2 peach trees in the back yard. I will post pictures when I'm done. I'm also trying to find a flower box for the front window that's big enough. I had Book Club Meeting at our house and we read The Giver this month by Lois Lowery. I thought it was disturbing and I hated it but it was very thought provoking. It's an intriguing read.

This week has been a baby food extravaganza! I make most of my own baby food for the selection, quality, and hey it's cheaper. I really like making my own too!It keeps my food processor busy. So here's the list of dislikes:

Peas- don't blame her at all

Banana's- I think she is mildly allergic she threw up twice and had diarrhea, yes I know you just really wanted to know that! Plus, she just didn't like them.

Other than that she really likes to eat.

She LOVES strawberries and mango-yes mango. I buy it frozen in chunks. She throws a fit when I stop feeding her those two. No its not because she's still hungry. I think she would make her self sick if I let her eat all she wanted of those two. Today, she gets to try cherries so well see about that one.

But generally she likes whatever, I just think she's like Ben and I and just likes to eat. Hopefully she gets his metabolism cus you sure can't tell he likes to eat! But he does, I remember when we were engaged and he visited at Christmas. Mama said she had never seen someone eat so much. It's true the man can eat, but that's why he married the right person! I can't seem to cook for less than 12.

4 comments:

Caleb T Ricks said...

The room is adorable! It must feel good to be done and know that you aren't moving in two months! I agree with Aurora - banana's are yucky! Hope that the trip goes well. Love ya.

jturpin said...

We think the room is beautiful.

GOOD JOB,

When are you available to do our kids rooms ;)

Shelly Turpin said...

I love the room. It is so cute and bright. You did a wonderful job!

CYNDI said...

Asia, I love it. Do you feel relieved? Did you put the shower door on, too? You really have done a wonderful job with the house. I never would have dreamed it could look like it does. Remember the green cabinets and crazy carpet in the kitchen? Or the duck pillow on the couch in Grandma's den?