Monday, November 14, 2011

Shaken and Life Insurance PSA

A little over a week ago Ben's Aunt died. She was 35 and has 4 young kids. Leah was a kind beautiful soul. It breaks my heart that after a year and a half of fighting she is gone and leaves her husband Eric, children, family and friends aching for her. She died of Cancer. Eric, Ben's uncle who is only 7 years older than him has now lost both his mother and wife to cancer at the age of 37. WOW! Please pray for this family, though they have a large support system and lots of people who love them you cant ever replace someone.

After Declan died and through all of Ben's time in Iraq, Ben and I have realized how important life insurance is. Its not one of those things you want to think about but its so important. So that if one of us die the other person wouldn't have that HUGE added stress or if both of us died I wouldn't want my children to be a financial burden for someone else. Funerals are expensive, along with time off to mourn etc. If I died Ben would have to find a full time Nanny and a maid, etc. I don't want him to have to get remarried because he needs someone to take care of the kids and the house. I want him to get remarried when he wants to not has to. If Ben died I would have to go back to school for at least two years, have child care, and some how pay my bills during that time.Actually think about all of that it adds up fast! Money doesn't create happiness but it does create security. All four of us have life insurance. I honestly hate that our kids do but when Ben's older brother died it put them in a lot of debt. Who wants to pay those kind of bills?! You have enough to deal with believe me. Receiving medical bills for Declan after he died seriously felt like a new stab in the heart every single time. So my point in all of this is please you never know what is going to happen. I would have never dreamed that I would bury my first child before the grand old age of 24. We were so blessed to be given a free casket, and funeral. My parents donated his burial plot and our siblings paid for his tombstone. I am so incredibly thankful I didn't have to deal with any of that. Most people aren't so lucky.

We pay 45 cents a day for insurance for the 4 of us. We will all be taken care of if something happens. You cant afford NOT to have life insurance. Leah didn't have life insurance and I know she wasn't planning on dying at 35. We don't know Gods plan for us and we don't know our expiration date so please take this to heart its so important!

*I know no one likes a lecture but I felt inspired that this needed to be said because I love you and your family.Believe me its not my favorite topic!

No comments: