Thursday, September 22, 2011

Patience is not a virtue that I posses in abundance.

My baby girl is three and a half, peeing on the toilet and about to start Kindergarten. HOW did That happen so FAST?!


My whole life it seems God has been trying to teach me Patience. So Dear God: I get it already
can you just please give me what I want. What I need. Its a VERY righteous desire to have children and raise them up in your ( Gods) image can you help this process along please !?

Oh, the baby hunger! I swear everyone I know has had a baby in the last 14 months we have been trying or is pregnant. I'm ready... I'M READY!!! I no longer try to see the big picture of what my life will be like in the future. Too much changes regularly that I don't have control of so its a way for me to let go and give it to God, but I know there are more little souls out there waiting to join our family. Waiting to be loved and rejoiced over. The fact that I haven't received an answer on how those little souls will come to us is frustrating. There are too many options and too many Dr.'s with differing opinions.

I am incredibly blessed financially, we live in a 3500 sqft. 5 bedroom house with 4 people. I'm ready to fill this house with babies! It seems such a waste to just house the 4 of us and our dog. Ben was talking about bunk beds a couple weeks ago. I'm still trying to figure out when we would ever need bunk beds. Thankfully that means we can afford to adopt and do infertility treatments. Though honestly shelling out 30k is just painful, I've decided it is an eternal investment. I think of it as this:

Matthew 6:19-20

19Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal

21For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

I have decided on an adoption agency, which I know we will use at some point. I like what they stand for and I like that its non-profit. They seem to genuinely want to create eternal families not make money. They aren't huge so maybe that's the difference. They also have experience with expats and have calmed many of my fears already.

* As I type this at 9 a.m. my son just got into the GIGANTIC marshmallows the ones as big as a fist. He ate grapenuts and a banana first so that makes it ok, right?! Man I love my little stinker, he just brought me one to share.

Aurora is potty training, HALLELUJAH FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! She starts at the local Kindergarten on Oct. 17. We know she will love it. She is currently loving our walks around the local fields and picking the perfect apples.

It is Fall here and we are loving the changing of the seasons, fests, apple picking and pumpkins.

We sold our car and bought a mini van about a month ago so were ready for more. Ben now takes the train to work and enjoys the downtime to and from work. We still own Otis( our SUV) as well and will till he dies in about 5-10 years.

I'm working on sewing projects, painting furniture projects and starting a couch to 5k running program. Ben bought me a green Ipod nano the tiny one you can clip on your shirt and is the size of a postage stamp. My first Ipod ever. I don't like fancy electronic gadgets unlike my husband but am excited to use my new cute ipod! I also got some good running shoes for my super wide messed up feet( one of my feet is over an inch longer than the other one). They still need to be broken in a bit but hopefully they help. I'm excited to start taking Yoga classes this fall as well. There isn't child care at the gym on base so I will be bringing our portable DVD player with Gid to class. Hopefully it works alright.I guess we will see.

We are going to Austria in October for a week! I'm pretty excited to not have to cook, clean or do dishes for an entire week! We got an AMAZING deal at an all inclusive resort so all our food is included and the kids are FREE. We are trading dog sitting with one of Ben's friends so Apollo is taken care of too. Now to start planning where we should go and things we want to do during that time.

* One of my favorite shows is Top Chef, Ben really enjoys it too so we download it. Anyway, we buzzed Gid last week since he refused to sit still for a proper hair cut and now he looks like Tom Collichio, Seriously! It's pretty funny! Oh SO VERY EXCITED for Top Chef TEXAS that starts in November!!!!

My computer is experiencing difficulties and Ben's not here to fix it so I promise an all photo post in the next couple days.

No comments: