Friday, July 2, 2010

Gideon James Lowe













He posed himself in those pictures. I was just lucky enough that the camera was handy. They are a good example of the many sides of Gid( yes I call him that 50% of the time).

My baby turned one yesterday. It doesn't feel possible that he is the same squishy cheeked little miracle I immediately feel in love with. Yes, he still has his chipmunk cheeks which he fills just like a chipmunk but he isn't 7 lbs of perfection any more he is 22lbs.He is the sweetest little boy and has completely stolen my heart.

We have a special bond the two of us. I am his everything. He likes Aurora and Daddy but he is my leech. Aurora was never so dependent on me as he is. To this day and since his birth he wont take a bottle from anyone but me. He wont go to sleep for anyone but me etc. This was not a learned behavior! He just needs me and I him. This birthday is in a sense a sigh of relief for me. I never really worried that Aurora would live to her first birthday, she is a girl. Girls are strong. Boys are more fragile and well... my Declan didn't make it to his first birthday.Every child is a gift and I know that Gid and I were meant to be.I couldnt love this sweet smiley boy anymore than I do. I don't think it's possible. He is so funny, stubborn, ohnery and SMART!!! He astounds me daily. He can say a lot of different words now, his favorite word right now is THAT. He points to things and says that when he's trying to show you something he finds interesting. It is so cute! He also says Mama, DaDa or Daddy, Asia, Ben, Aurora, baby, bubbers(his nick name), bottle,juice, chocolate, dog, hi, hey, yeah and more but those are the dailies. He loves books, balls,cars, puzzles,coloring,getting into EVERYTHING, shoes, baths, and swimming but most of all he lives and breathes music. He makes everything into an instrument. This boy has rhythm! He is also shy but a little flirt if he likes you. People see him and instantly fall in love with him. What can I say I think hes perfectly beautiful too!

He is currently 22 lbs even which is in the 38th percentile for weight and 30 and a quarter inches which puts him in the 70th for height. So he is simply and utterly perfect. I love you sweet boy. Thank you so much for joining our family it wouldn't be complete without you!( How can someone with those thighs be in the 38th percentile for weight?)

So there is a 5 lb. 5 inch difference in my children and they wear the same size diaper. Sadly different brands.

*NO I AM NOT PREGNANT!When even your own Mother asks you know everyone else is wondering too. 2010 and 2011 are going to be new baby free.Aurora is currently VERY good birth control!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

He is sooo cute! Sounds like you guys are having a blast in Germany! Good!