Monday, November 30, 2009

Hmmm...

Tonight Ben and I were unpacking our books. If you know us well you know we have as many as an 80 year old retired librarian so quite a feat. Anyhoo, I found the journal I wrote while pregnant with Declan. Needless to say I didn't write journals with either of my other children. I guess if this blog counts I did but seriously it just makes me cry. The joy, the worries over him coming too early, the excitement of picking out a name which funny enough everyone absolutely abhorred. Too bad I still love the name Declan Thomas, probably more now than I would have. So... what do I do with this book that I wrote for him to read when he was having his first baby so he could share my(our)experiences with his wife as they welcomed their first? I didn't even remember that I had written it, but now it's a glaring blue reminder every time I go into our library/office. Ideas?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over,
it became a butterfly.

-anonymous

On the cover is this quote, don't you just love it?!

1 comment:

debra said...

Put it away, out of sight, somewhere. After it stops huring so much it will be a touching reminder of those special thoughts and feelings of your first born. You won't have him in this lifetime but you did have the experience and he will always be precious to you.