So we are moving very soon and it is all starting to become a lot more real as we discuss plane tickets, temporary housing, permanent housing etc. We have been planning for so long to move to Germany and now its finally happening! On Monday, I meet with the rental management guy since we aren't going to sell our house till the market is better and I need to look at carpet and pick out what I want so thats ready as well since we are replacing the carpet before its rented out. But after that the only thing I really have to worry about is the logistics of where Clara (the cat) needs to go since I don't want to board her till we have permanent housing and am not sure we will have temporary housing that will accept a pet. Yes, I'm the most stressed about my cat, we love her though she drives us crazy! We will probably be in temporary housing 6 weeks to 2 months. It will take that long till we receive our shipment from the states. It will give us time to find a house we like or should I say that I like since I am a lot more picky than Ben. His criteria is that there be the perfect spot for the piano and not have a long commute. I have a lot more very specific wants and needs for our family since we wont be moving for at least a couple years and its cold and rainy the majority of the year so I want adequate space for the kids to play. Plus, well what can I say I refuse to have a brown, green or orange bathroom or kitchen. That's just a few.
We are so thrilled to be moving to Stuttgart. The area is beautiful, there are so many things to do, its only hours from so many other amazing places, and we will be blessed to have American commodities as well as the German ones. So I wont have to call home whining to my Mom that I really need American cereal, bacon, or whatever.I'm not worried at all about Aurora's transition she LOVES new places and things. I know it will take me at least a year to really feel comfortable in the language and Ben is completely fluent so I have my own personal tutor. I know I will pick it up swiftly and be able to at least communicate in German even if I cant discuss literature or politics in German for awhile. We will attend the English speaking Ward till I am comfortable enough to go to the local ward. I am excited for that eventuality though since I know it will be hard to make German friends till then. We will miss you all but are excited for the future and all our new adventures. We promise to come back and visit.
2 comments:
I say start going to the German ward immediately and immerse yourself!! The members will love helping you and what an opportunity to continue learning the gospel completely by the spirit and not relying on words...if that makes sense. :D
Dallas as great of an idea as that is, its hard enough with two under two to get anything out of church already! I really need the 2 minutes of understanding the lesson I get, but it is a great idea. If we didn't have kids I would totally go for it!
Post a Comment