All of us in front of the entrance to Neuschwanstein


The front of Neuschwanstein

The side

My Gorgeous Family

Neuschwanstein
Hohenschwangau from the inside of Neuschwanstein
Ben, neauschwanstein in the corner and I . Not the best picture but for the whole hold out as far as you can and click its not horrible.
Hohenschwangau, yeah I could so live there. Nice view
Ok, more castles, but these are truly incredible and definitely worth the visit! Hohenschwangau means the Swan and Neuschwanstein means the New Swan. They are seriously 25 minutes hard walking distance from each other. Hohenschwangau was Ludwig's parents castle. Its the orange one that there's only two pictures of. I actually preferred its interior to Neuschwanstein. But alas pictures are not allowed. Neuschwanstein was never completed. It only has 17 done rooms, then Ludwig was "murdered," and it was never finished. It was opened to the German public the following year to try to pay off the incredible amount of debt that Ludwig had incurred by building his 3 castles. Hence why he was dethroned and murdered. He had plans for two more. Crazy! It took the royal family 40 years to pay off the debts from the 42 year old man. Who only reigned for 24 years. He was crowned when he was 18. I don't even want to know how much money it was. He was a big spender!!
Aurora loved the castles. She loved the guided tours as there were new things to see constantly. She is a very curious baby. She talked through out the tours which was kinda embarrassing, but hey everyone loved it. I think people actually payed more attention to her than the tours. I told Ben we need to start charging admission for Aurora. College fund!
Oh, and yes Ben was the baby carrier. He has a better back and she weighs a ton! So when she wasn't in the stroller he carried her. I figure good bonding time right! Not to worry though, I think the baby weighed less then the backpack I carried around with everything and the kitchen sink in it.Hence why my back is still killing me and I need to go visit the Chiropractor.
More to come.
1 comment:
I love the pictures - it's absolutely beautiful!!!
Loved the picture with Aurora and the cow! :)
PS - Lizzy says, "I love you!"
Post a Comment