
I'm not kidding. You really can, crazy huh! There are websites dedicated to how to buy a castle and lists of them. You can buy them for less than a million dollars too. I was frankly amazed. How did I come across this information well, I was looking at German real estate and on every German real estate web page there are have lists for what you are looking for. I love that they have castles, villas, and estates listed as well as the norm. I just think its cool! So who wants to buy a castle with me? Just think we could have the Ball Castle. We could all live there and not even have to see each other. I think we want the North Wing. Crazy stuff the German government will even give you a grant to fix it up. Since they want the historical buildings preserved but don't want to do the work. These are castles that were taken from families during communist rule in east Germany and no one wanted them back or the families couldn't be found after the wall came down. So they are just sitting there. So who wants to buy a castle with me? I can pick one out when Ben and I are on vacation. It could be fun!! I just had to share and sadly I am not currently in the market to buy a castle. Maybe one day. But it is fun to dream.
For Shelly:
http://www.poshjourneys.com/castles_as_an_investment.htm




2 comments:
It's just like to you to think big and beautiful - that would be awesome! Now all we have to do is convince them that we can pay$300,000 and please only take that and give us the grant to fix it up! That should make them happy - don't you think?
I want a castle! I want a castle! I want a castle! We could start a bed and breakfast and have jousts in the courtyard or outside on the grounds! I just want an inside bathroom unlike the castle in Heidelberg that had a hole in the floor! We could go halves. What do you think?
Post a Comment