Friday, June 17, 2011

Picture Palooza


















































































For the last month we have had company.Ben's Dad and his wife for two weeks and then Ben's sister for two and a half weeks after that. Been to some fun places and been sick the entire time. So my house is a disaster, I still have half packed boxes and its driving me bonkers.

I currently have double kidney infections. I got to have an ultrasound of my kidneys yesterday, two blood draws, 6 sticks with needles,three blown veins and a two hour doctor appointment. Fun, fun, fun! But more tests and the conclusion that my immune system is non existent and I'm on a three month course of antibiotics to help develop it up again. Which means I total EIGHT medications I'm on right now. SERIOUSLY?! But yeah...... so I have been gone from blogger land for good reasons. So another blow for me is yesterday I was told I cant get pregnant for at least three months or my body would automatically miscarry as its not healthy enough to carry a baby. "SIGH" Not that I'm thinking about getting knocked up right now I would like to feel human first and be able to feel like a good parent to the children I have first but still. "SIGH"I hate being told I can't do something.

Aurora keeps asking for "more Auroras" she wants a baby sister. They both want a baby. We both want another baby.... on that topic PLEASE dont ever use the term NICU survivor to someone who has had a baby not "survive" the NICU. Its pretty much a stab in the heart.

Our best friends just moved to South Carolina and I'm in mourning. We love you Kline's!

Ben is taking the train to work everyday since we now live 5 minutes from the train and studying for the GMAT since he's going to be applying for MBA programs for next fall. We are thinking of selling his car since we never use both at the same time.Well see. He is now an old man of thirty! We celebrated with his Dad, Nancy and the kids at his favorite Indian Restaurant and with from scratch fresh peach pie and ice cream made by yours truly. He also got his Puppy Apollo since I didn't have enough stress in my life lets add a dog! He's beautiful but a puppy..... Ben and Cassandra went on a whirlwind tour of Bavaria and Austria for 5 days and I'll post pictures of their trip another time.

Aurora is being a HOLY TERROR, when not charming people with her cuteness( it doesnt work on me). She also now wears a 4T/5T and is starting to think about potty training.HALLELUJAH!!! She is soooooooooo tall its ridiculous. The doctor thinks she's going to be 5'10!!! I don't believe that tall but she will be tall. I'd like her to slow down a little its getting expensive! She is loving the warm weather and running through the sprinklers!

Gideon is making everyone fall in love with him and his vocabulary is really growing.He's my little doll. He is super fast and if you notice in the pictures we usually end us seeing his back a lot.He LOVES the puppy and is also growing like a weed!

So the pictures are of:three different castles. Hohenzollern, Ludwigsburg twice, and Heidelberg. We also went to one more but I didn't take pictures of that one.
We also went strawberry picking and made 9 pints of fresh strawberry jam. There are also pictures of death by hug, sick Aurora, the "dug out patios" on the basement level, The new antique music cabinet for the Piano room and Gideon playing the Piano,Rothenburg Ober Tauber and sneeballs(the round pastrys were eating), Herrenberg church and the market in Tubingen. Ben's Birthday dinner and then Pie as well.

I'm exhausted physically, emotionally exhausted. I would really just like to sleep for about a month to recover. But even though we've been sick we did find time to have some fun too!

I also planted a veggie garden and I'm so excited to watch it grow! I hope you enjoyed all 75, yes 75 pictures. You are now up to date on our little world!

*The puppy's name is Apollo.

2 comments:

Caleb T Ricks said...

So fun to see the pictures and how big the kids are getting. Do sorry you are sick -- I too don't like to be told not to do something - I think it must be a Webb/Ball trait. Love you.

Shelly Turpin said...

So glad to "see" you! I really hope you feel better so soon!